Choosing a great wedding venue is an essential component of a memorable wedding. The venue should comfortably accommodate your guests at a cost you can afford, but should offer other qualities as well. How do you know the wedding venue on your list of top choices has what you need for your big day? You ask lots of questions, of course.
1. Is the venue available on my chosen date? If not, is there a suitable alternative date?
2. Is my deposit refundable in the event the wedding is canceled or the dates of the event change?
3. Are rates different for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday events? Are there seasonal rate changes?
4. What is included in the fees? Are gratuities and cleaning fees extra?
5. Can I make changes to my reservation?
6. Are there noise restrictions in place at the venue?
7. Is the venue handicap accessible? Is there a baby changing facility? Make certain the venue has all the accommodations your family and guests may need.
8. How much parking space is available? Is the parking on-site? Is there a fee for parking?
9. What is the venue capacity? Choosing a venue that can accommodate our guest list is important.
10. What's the total cost? Make sure your estimate includes all fees that you will encounter on the event day.
11. Is the venue already decorated? Can I bring my own decorations? Are there any restrictions concerning the decorations I may use?
12. Do you have in-house catering? If not, is there a list of approved caterers or may I choose my own catering company?
13. Is there a coordinator on-site the day of my event? what staff will be available to help during the event?
14. How many hours does my reservation cover at the venue? Are there extra fees for late leaves?
15. Do you have different rooms and options to choose from?
16. Is there an outdoor space? Is there an added fee to use the outdoor space? What is the rain cancellation policy?
17. How do I pay the remaining balance after the deposit?
18. Can we bring our own alcohol? Do you offer a liquor purchase option? Is there a minimum liquor cost?
19. Are tables and chairs included in the rental? Do they match your needs? Can you bring your own tables and chairs instead?
20. Are other weddings or events scheduled for the same day?
21. Is the venue child-friendly?
22. Is there a storage area for gifts and other valuable items?
23. Is the venue easily accessible by car? Public transportation?
24. Can I hold my wedding ceremony at the venue? Many couples choose to use one location for both their ceremony and reception to save time and costs.
25. What type of accommodations do you offer for the event? Can we stay overnight? What's the earliest we can arrive?
No matter what type of venue you've chosen for your event, make sure you've asked all the important questions. The 25 questions above are among the most important, but there are still many other important pieces of information needed to secure a smooth, simple venue booking process. Write a list of questions that you want to ask and make sure to get the answers that you want and need. This is the biggest day of your life, after all, and the venue is an important part of that day. Don't sell yourself short and ask lots of questions to get the answers that you need.